Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Prepping On My Mind

Well, NaMoPaiMo is coming and I’m torn between a pinto on a Traditional resin or a chestnut sabino on a SM CM.  Or one of 50+ micros.  Or a midscale foal?!?  I am seriously thinking about switching it up and doing the SM as I’ve already done resin and Traditional and midscale.  Thoughts?

Ideally, I will do more than one anyways, but the “official” model must be entered!  I also have to take into account I am prepping a Trad. Resin for another artist.

Also I have several projects going on.  So what do I do?  Start picking at medallions and pewter dogs of course, none of which count for NaMo.  Still, I will keep prepping and see who rises to the top for my committed February Friend.  I am always proud to say that this event does kickstart my creativity for the year and that I have completed more started projects because of it!

I have thought out challenges like combining brown tones and interference blues in my black color, and colored pencil techniques and use of soft baby color.  At this point it may just come down to prepping.  Or letting the dogs pick.  Or listening to reason from my fellow bloggers.

For now it’s Dremel, fill, sand, primer, sand, fill, sand, and sand, reprimer!  Also baths and drying.

Here are some pewter pups in progress...going to beg Sara to work her magic on the Dobe and Poodle when she is ready.  I’ve just been meaning to include dogs in my ridiculous counts of nekkid bodies.

What are YOU painting for NaMoPaiMo this year?!?

1 comment:

  1. I like it that NMPM has inspired you to make more projects all year. I know whom I'd like to paint, but tack must be made first.

    ReplyDelete