Thursday, January 9, 2020

Salade!

I know it has been said no great story started with salad, and while I don’t have a great story here, I did have a fabulous salad!  Perfect ratio of protein to veggies, good balance of flavors from the savory cheese and vegetables to the sweetness of the dressing.  It was *satisfying*!  That in and of itself is a great story


I enjoy variety of texture and some creativity to salads.  Nuts and seeds and fruits find their place amidst flavorful greens.  I decided to sample some fast food varieties to get more ideas for types that would be more packable for lunches, and somewhat easy to recreate.  Culver’s and Wendy’s have not disappointed.  Dressing of course can make or break them in terms of calories or flavor.

Careful of the recent produce contaminations, it pained me to pitch what should have been perfectly good lettuce, but better safe than sorry.  Anyone have favorite salads to share or ideas that make a healthy option more palatable?  I’m trying to find little crunchies and treats that make them feel more worthwhile as a lunch.  The whole food stores may be the next place of investigation.

Perhaps not an exciting topic, but it really can be fun to explore food.  Cheers to better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment