Monday, October 7, 2019

Boring Basecoats

Many model horse artists hate prepping.  I don’t.  The process of customizing and then sanding, scrubbing, scraping, filling, smoothing, filing, grinding, and more sanding does not bother me.  Nor does layering Primer and even more sanding.

Slapping smooth color basecoat on for some reason!  It can be brushed, sprayed, or sponged on, but it always looks bleah and basic to me!  I know it is an important step that affects the outcome of my work, it just Annoys me for some reason.  Silly, perhaps but the plain ol’ starting color is just a simple step that I don’t enjoy.  Maybe it is because in my mind’s eye I can start to see shading and highlights and details.  Maybe it just seems tedious.  Whatever it is, I continue to adhere paint and pigment faithfully, in hopes that that ugly stage will soon be hidden underneath glorious layers of varied color.

This little crew of dogs and cat do not enthuse me at this time:



Anyone else hate a particular stage?


2 comments:

  1. Sanding. I'm not really into customizing mostly because of the sanding. Just can't stand it, and I don't do it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *le sigh* it is neverending, and I have to think about prepping for NaMoPaiMo!

    ReplyDelete