Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Oscar Completed!

The big feathered bay guy I rode in the ring of Kerry, Ireland is now done as a mini resin for my own enjoyment.  I strongly remember galloping through the park after my Swedish guides took off on their ponies, and it was quite the thrill as the mud splattered up amongst the bright green scenery.  I may add a touch of grass to the sides of his little muddy base, but my hairy Galileo is now transformed into the gentle gelding who I enjoyed in the Emerald Isle.


I have often thought it would be fun to do more portrait models, honoring the various school
horses of my youth.  Some were not beauty queens or regal princes, but they deserve recognition.  I knew I wanted the muddy feathers of this piece to speak to my experience, and I am happy with the results.



Anybody else do odd homage pieces?  I’d love to see classes for portrait models...

2 comments:

  1. I don't paint at all, but I can appreciate a nice paint job! Love it and the idea behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He will most likely be a shelf piece, but Sara has talked me into bringing him to just this one show...

    ReplyDelete