Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Waiting Is The Hardest Part!

I tend to thrive on looking forward to things.  Big things, little things.  Long-awaited things, newly discovered things.  They say patience is a virtue, and I have demonstrated my capacity for patience in many avenues.  I’m the first to admit that while I have infinite patience with animals, sometimes people or *things* can be very trying...

I have a few things in the works - show coming up, major change in my life next month, new ponies arriving any day.  Some days my waiting is very short - like when I will get a chance to take a break or do something.  I try hard to stay focused on life’s journey and baby steps - smaller intermediate goals or stepping stones before large ones.  This method generally pays off big dividends by rewarding patience.  Anyone else do this?!?


Breyer’s Carter for 2020 CC

At the moment I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a lovely SM resin and a vintage CM piece.  I’m planning my days carefully and wishing I could speed up time!

“Good things come to those who wait!”  I think hope and delayed gratification are the main driving forces behind my feeling.  I love to plan the next thing...ideas and creative projects, events and trips...a next purchase or experience.  Working towards these things is a powerful motivator for me.


(Painting inspirations/ideas I am looking forward to!)

What things are you waiting for?  Do you keep wishlists?  How do you handle the passing of time?


No comments:

Post a Comment