Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Canine Art Museum

I was lucky to get to view the AKC Museum of the Dog prior to its recent move to NY.
As one of my bucket list items, it was a high point of an educational trip, and did not disappoint.

The Museum is home to all kinds of canine art - portraits, sculpture, photography...a true celebration of the purebred dog.  As luck would have it, I was also fortunate to have a private viewing of the library.  Another treat was the feature display of china Dogs!  Royal Doultons and Beswicks and more!  I seriously enjoyed my time there and hope its new home serves it well.


Delicate beauties - clinky puppies galore! How cool was this?!?  A feature exhibit surprise!  LOVE.

There were SO many lovely paintings and prints and bronzes in all breeds, both old and new.  It was truly a lovely collection.  Where there are dogs in art, often there are horses too...


Any dog lover or connoisseur of canine art would appreciate the variety & quality of this curated collection.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the history and beauty celebrating Dogs...and look!  Breyers!



No comments:

Post a Comment