Monday, January 21, 2019

Equine Inspiration

I used to ride.  I’ve enjoyed horses in various forms since childhood and love to learn about them even when they aren’t part of my everyday life.

aboard Oscar in Ireland

Horses are fairly ubiquitous, whether on farms throughout the country, in sculpture and painted form, or traveling through...I am lucky when I come upon them or am able to get them at a show, fair, or tour.  Once in awhile I get to visit them because of friends’ involvement.  Of course there is always the opportunity of things like Breyerfest and all the references in books, magazines, and the internet!
Sometimes it’s live Horses, sometimes art, even in surprising places...


And sometimes it isn’t even equine at all!  Check out this coloration (bovine)....

Still, the horses and ponies past, present, and future will always capture our hearts and inspire art...
(Did you spot the heart?)

No comments:

Post a Comment