Sunday, January 27, 2019

Studio Mascots/the Breeds We Love

Many of us share our art time with animal companions, and aside from the challenges of errant hairs or slight distractions, their company is welcome and enjoyed.  I share my life, heart, and home with my dogs Phaser and Cola.  They are quiet, agreeable, and even help from time to time (really! Retrieving is a most useful command).  Both have trained and shown in multiple venues but take their home roles just as seriously in their veteran years.


They are Field Spaniels, a large sporting spaniel breed developed for upland game bird hunting.  Our breed is larger than the Cockers, but shorter than the Springers, and are generally seen in black, liver, the same with tan points, and sometimes roan.  Had some puppy cuddles over this past year as well
as celebration at our National.  They are an amazing breed and I’m lucky to share life with them!



I have always fancied particular breeds for reasons of utility and beauty no matter the species, and seem particularly drawn to certain colors and patterns as well...

Comment and tell me what animals make up your studio crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment