Saturday, January 19, 2019

On Blogging (part one)

So I have always felt that blogging (or any social media) trends towards self-centered “me-me-me” mentality.  I do know that it doesn’t have to.  I still believe in authentic, personal relationships and reality-based persona.  Some writers are able to maintain strong voice instead of glorification online.  That is appealing - as are the review and reflection of accomplishments, appreciation of our world, and documenting process.

I have had much trepidation about writing a blog for a long time because of the ugly side of social media.  I write a column as well as technical and business pieces.  I used to write short fiction and poetry.  I gain much from reading and research, and am pleasantly surprised at my feelings while going through books, writings,and photos.  

Blogging can inspire gratitude, humility, empowerment, and develop community through documentation and artistic support.

I welcome thoughts on the topic of blogging itself as well as other topics.

Here’s looking at little years’ past review as I continue collecting references and prepping for Feb. Painting frenzy!

I have created, taught, and studied art, and draw much inspiration from our colorful world and other artists!
So much to admire, learn, and enjoy!


This year I did some prepping and trade commission work, kept growing my little antique and miniature worlds...




Found a few ways to celebrate hobbies with models and a friend’s litter...




No comments:

Post a Comment