Saturday, December 28, 2019

Gearing Up

Model Performance and scale modeling have really improved over the years, and upgrading quality of props, tack, dolls, and accessories evolves.  We have many talented artisans in the hobby, and I am always hoping to acquire pieces by certain well-known artists while I also support newer, up-and-coming artists.

I am keen on Gracie/Yvonne/Quinn dolls and accurate, detailed tack hardware.  Realism is key!

I happily managed to curate this beautiful Susan Taylor saddle:


If I dip my toe back into performance, it will most likely be a few specialty classes.  Gone are my days of all-around psychotic frenzy, showing standing models in every single class to garner points and ribbons towards championship.  That was how I burned out!

No, now I think the plan is to choose a couple specialty models and classes and do them WELL.

That being said, I am working on putting together better tack and dolls and doing research and planning to create good setups.  I show various scales, but should probably focus on 1:9 for now.  I’m debating on how to go about the show calendar, and also just want to enjoy some photography and “playing” with my collection.  Baby steps.

What are your show plans for 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment