Friday, December 27, 2019

Horse stories by Patsey Gray



I recently acquired a kids’ horse book from the 60’s while out thrifting.  Now I am hooked on trying to collect others by this author, paperback or ex-library copies...


Her stories are compelling and well-written, with heartfelt characters and realistic horses as you’d expect.  The plots and problems are fairly typical for young adult fiction, and draw on a wealth of equine knowledge.  All of the elements I enjoyed for that category, but some are expensive and/or elusive!  This could take some time...



As a kid, I pretty much read anything dog or horse I or my mother could get hands on, and the appeal hasn’t stopped in adulthood.  How did I never see these?!?

I have set budget limit for them but am enjoying the slow search.  They are nice bite-size reads to enjoy.  I wonder if there are other similar series I have been unaware of.  Fun literary hunt is on!



2 comments:

  1. Those look really interesting -- I haven't read them either, which surprises me as she seems to be a prolific writer. How on earth do these things get away from us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea! So far I have and have read Horsepower, Jumping Jack, and Heads Up. I have Show Ring Rogue and Star Lost on the way, but others seem a bit pricey or harder to find...

    ReplyDelete