Sunday, December 1, 2019

Mortens Studio Goodness

Much has been written by others about the company history and interesting composition of pieces by Mortens Studio.  What always surprises me is the wide variety of unique poses and character found amongst many animals!  Dog breeds abound and the horses, while a bit smiley and goofy, are endearing to me.  My various Spaniels are still packed away, but thought I’d share my lone goofy Draft and newly acquired German Shepherd.

Sweet even if a little homely


Itchy!

Dat face!

I don’t mind a bit of crazing/flaking and have even repaired a broken leg that was beyond plaster to metal.  These guys are just interesting and special in their own right.

Stickers and Stamps help identify despite their “look”

Please share your Mortens!  I know they may never take the show ring by storm, but their treasure appeal makes them worthwhile to collectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment