Monday, December 30, 2019

Weekly Win: Pregnant Mare

This is Charfena, a lovely bay Arabian mare, heavily in foal 


This mini Ziryab resin is painted by the talented Mindy Berg, and stands as a unique piece in my mini collection.  Models have been remade in unusual poses, varying conditions, even mating or giving birth!  I enjoy unique sculpts that capture the reality of their living, breathing counterparts, and this Tumlinson work depicts exactly that.

Plenty of show ring Arabs display snorty presence and fiery animation, and there are a few nice pieces that portray nice performance Arabians as well, but her graceful, alert frame is every bit as conformationally correct and attractive in my book!


2 comments:

  1. I had a friend sell me her "Ziryab"--but mine is the slimmed down version. I can't find out any information on her tho!
    I don't know if the original sculptor re-did the mold OR if the painting artist slimmed her down!
    No matter--she's a *beauty* !! My 1st (and *only*) Tumlinson and I'm glad I.* finally* own her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zahara was the beautiful non-prego mare I believe, both on the artist website and here: http://www.equineresindirectory.com/searchhorsegallery.asp?searchtype=resin&resinid=2311
    Congratulations on your elegant lady!

    ReplyDelete