Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Battle Cries!

We have diehard Of collectors, performance junkies, aficionados of a particular breed or discipline...the model horse hobby caters to many a niche interest!
While I admit to penchant for certain things (dapple gray, jumping models, matte finish vs. gloss, certain artists/brands/breeds/what-have-you) it is often more common to subscribe to something like saying I conga Lady Phase and Halla (I do) or I dig minis (also true.). Love me some G1 Love molds.  Appreciate Hunter/Jumper/Dressage English disciplines.  Seem to hoard dilute Quarter Horses.  Want typey, quality Lippitt Morgans.  Stickler for ABCs.  Haven’t kept up on “current” collectibility, the statements go on.

A couple main ones reverberate - VIVA LA VINTAGE and MICRO POWER!

Anyone who has shown with me knows I cherish and support the world of “R/R/H” or Vintage Customs (often considered Pre 2000).  Check out Vintage Custom Model Equine Center & Sarah Mink’s homage to the customs of yesteryear!  Many of us harbor a soft spot for these treasured pieces.  They are getting their due and making a comeback in the show ring.

I maintain a lovely show string along with memories...here is RAS Muscofir done by Rae Ann Sneathen, sold to another collector.  I still have foals RAS Shazam and RAS Shahdorable.

                                      

It is no secret I am also more than a little keen on micro minis.  Between tiny HO scale figures and Creata/Stable Stars/Mini Whinnies and the lovely tiny pewter and resin castings, I am hooked.

Here is Maggie Bennett’s new Sallie, one of many adored micros to join my massive herd.



I suppose that leaves me with one more obsession to cheer on: MEDALLION MANIA!
This May will host Medallion Madness and the opportunity to paint “clothes” on a deserving “nekkid” bas-relief.  I know shows are offering more classes for busts/medallions.  Should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment