Monday, March 11, 2019

Older Test Runs

Who amongst Original Finish Plastic collectors doesn’t love a good test or OOAK?  Aside from the auction pieces or deliberate uniques, there were tests on colorways, markings/masks on older molds that make my heart go pitter-pat.  I am lucky to have a few pieces, both Stone and Breyer, and always marvel at their history.

I have a few culls, like models with unpainted eyes or lacking finishing touches.  This ASHF was from Marney’s collection and appears to have a masked mane like the black/white pinto yet in chestnut, so doubtful it was to be the bay pinto.


This unique PAS displays masking tape markings and resembles a Belton cow.

My other Marney treasure is a test Lady Phase who was first up on the auction and has been the pride and joy of my LP conga and QH show string.

No comments:

Post a Comment