Monday, March 25, 2019

Cartoony vs. Realistic

I appreciate good humor.  I also love animals.  When it comes to humorous depictions of animals, it can really make us smile or laugh. This has always been alive and well in both the art world and in scale modeling.  My collections have shifted more toward the realistic, but I can appreciate the silly, cartoonish, caricature stylings as well.  I am not huge into fantasy creatures, but can appreciate their beauty and the creative imaginations that depict them.  After all, miniatures and scale modeling is fantasy in and of itself!  I have always viewed it at striving to create realism in miniature, but scale is scale and the realms of reality and fantasy are two different worlds.





What do YOU prefer?  More realistic or a percentage of silly or fantasy?

No comments:

Post a Comment