Sunday, March 17, 2019

Toy Horses

Really, they are all toys.  Art, too.  But once in awhile I will revisit the more cartoony representations, the silly models, the members of my original “carpet herd”, and models of yesteryear.  Some are long gone, sold to other collectors or given to children.  Some remain in my stable to this day.  All have
 one thing in common - memories attached.

Here are my old Tomy Wind-Ups.  I had created tiny saddle blankets and a box lid that formed a “racetrack” as my childhood Anything Goes entry...(this at Marney’s 1989 Congress!)

These are Penny’s Pony Club figures - some very funny caricatures that had their own personalities to my grade school imagination.  Pretty sure I even had names and pedigrees figured out on them!

Plenty of Hong Kong models and Barbie horses brought joy as well.  Even Brenda and her friends were treated to an apartment in my closet shelves.  What toys do you have fond memories of?

No comments:

Post a Comment