Thursday, March 7, 2019

Unique, rare, original models

I admit it, I love uniqueness.  While Factory finish models may be “the same”, we know there are subtle differences in each hand painted horse and no two are alike!  Customs are where that really shines, and even Resins vary wildly.  Some runs are very minimal - OOAK (one of a kind) and test models, low run special models or limited editions of Resins.  Original sculptures are yet another area of scarcity among collectors.  Thought I’d share a rarity or two...

B is for Bashkir, a low-run resin

A customized resin - Rose’s Poquito done by Sue Kern

Carol Williams’ Venator is a lower run resin

Original sculpture by LBR

CM Breyer SM by Sondra Householder

Some of the OF pieces that are more limited or unusual are also a focus.
Overall, the hobby has seen many changes and variety on the show tables these days, and options are as unlimited as artist imaginations.  What is YOUR favorite “rarity”?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite rarity is the ever elusive/unless it falls and breaks I shall not attain, Merlin, the dragon horse from Breyer.
    That being said, you were super sweet in making me a custom "mini-me" with some tweaks :). That's probably my favorite to collect. Customs. Each piece is so unique. No two are alike, even if you have the same artist do the same color/pattern it won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete