Sunday, July 21, 2019

Collector from Early On...

It’s no secret that many hobbyists started out with a “carpet herd” in their youth.  Some collectors come and go, others stick with it over their lives.  I know I joke about my family and I “collecting collections”, but there is truth to it.  We have all had our particular fondness for items over time, and some of those themes have shifted and evolved over the years.  I’m thankful my family has understood (and even enabled) me in my collecting pursuits.



My childhood bedroom had two walls covered in shelves for my OF collection.  They helped me get to model horse shows and events!  I was lucky to have family who could see what joy it brought for me.  I still have models from them and named for them to this day.



I know not everyone starts collecting as a kid.  I also know not everyone has supportive family/friends/coworkers.  I am super thankful for our supporters in this hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment