Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Collecting Tack and critters

Oh how I have been yearning to obtain certain artists’ tack!  I don’t get too crazy with specialty stuff either, more utilitarian-could show usefully in more than one class kinda stuff.  I did break down and get a cutting saddle and a tiny racing set at one time, and I’d still like to dabble in the tackmaking realm.  Strap goods can be artfully detailed, but the one pair of bell boots I made probably got thrown against the wall (I did manage to pull them off in time for a NAN back in the 90’s, and my jumper “made the cut” amongst the 96’ of tables - two rows of glorious entries!).  I will tackle saddles
when I’m feeling brave.  Or insane.

So many Artists that are *amazing*.  Yet, it seems the books are often closed or it is very difficult to “get in”.  I tend to work out trades or do time payments where worthwhile, but high quality (LSQ = Live Show Quality”) Tack doesn’t seem as easy to come by.

I will try to photograph the sets I do have.  Here is a cute halter by Linnea Cameron of Canada.  My Filly is Bit O’ Honey, a Stone SR something or other...


Couple more critter finds (often in a lot...anyone need creepycrawlies?!?)




2 smaller unknown kitties, and a black footed ferret.  Because peer pressure.  Have been working with wood and paper and props the past couple days...  Alas, my Medallion awaits further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment