Sunday, May 12, 2019

Huntseat Tack Quandary

The world of model horse performance is a vast place that has versatile-overall one horse in every class doing every discipline types, and specialty models who generally are suited for specific events or a “family” of disciplines.  Obviously we are limited by a model’s static pose, but this is where creativity comes in.

I used to show the heck out of a couple horses - even enjoyed the challenge of the standing models.  Still, having been primarily a halter/workmanship/collectibility shower in recent years, feel compelled to dip my toe back in...pehaps with just a class or two.

Prospects are plentiful - everything from your basic trot or cantering model
that could do a lot English and/or Western to jumping models, cutting horses, or more breed/discipline specific.  I have standing models.  CM and AR.  *Suitability* is key.

I have the basics of tack and props/obstacles covered.  I have some rider dolls.  I am torn between stay classic with solid entries, like English hunter - can do flat class, over fences, possibly low level
Dressage.  Or I could go crazy with a Jumper, WP, costume, cattlework classes...

I know I desire a current quality all purpose Huntseat Set.  Like these Stubben Siegfrieds.  Great shape, classic design.  I adore tack made by our hobby’s talented tackmakers that observe a deep seat, pommel and cantle that aren’t flat, and flaps that have coverage.  Simple Browns (not a huge fan of color trends or two-tone fads...some piping looks nice).  Quality snaffle with raised brow/nose and braided reins.  I know I am picky, but it is well worth it to find what will work well!



I am also checking out the beautiful big arenas of today’s barns...from dressage rings to elaborate show setups.  Styles change, but functionality and purpose are always key in all things Equestrian.

Doesn’t this look inviting?

Cheers to all the Mamas this Mother’s Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment