Thursday, April 18, 2019

In the Studio...

(AKA art in my lap, sometimes!). Working on some pieces I have been meaning to get caught up on and warming up my brushes for May Medallion Madness!  The time has come to settle on a medallion and color, pretty sure I am going with a winter themed Arabian by Jen Kroll that includes snowflakes(!) in a dapple gray.  He can be hung as an ornament, and I want to tackle some detailing with colored pencils and sparkle.  Consider it my kiss goodbye to one wild winter after this last little snow burst!  (He Is on the left contemplating the more summery Arab and a wolf!)


One completed warm-up Medallion got accomplished.  Gives me hope!



I just finished a red roan stock horse head and started on a gray/white pony.  Both are magnets by Kathleen Moody that I have had since the early 90’s when i picked them up at Breyerfest!

I have a small backlog of donation SMs to complete and some flatwork and models for friends...at least pony got a basecoat!


Looking forward to the holiday weekend!  Like preparing for NaMoPaiMo, I need to gather reference  photos and develop my plan of attack.  Excited to see all the Medallions!

No comments:

Post a Comment