Saturday, April 27, 2019

On The Rocks...

Time to create some more Kindness Rocks!  I placed/dropped my last batch and was happy
to see they are being found!  For me, it is a form of  cheap entertainmentand I hope they bring some good cheer to those who pick them up.
I failed to find polished stones in light color to marker on, so this time using washed river rock stones, and will try paint markers.  I have used acrylic, permanent markers, and metallic pens before with success, and finish with either a spray sealer or brush on polyurethane so they will resist rain and be more protected.  Other media may be used as well...colored pencil, even nail polish!



The fun is not only in hiding/placing/flinging them (Just a term - they are generally carefully placed anywhere they can’t damage a mower!) but in their creation - choosing what short quotes or sayings to write and how to decorate...
Uplifting quote or affirmations are nice as are characters or small drawings, even celebrating the season or person who finds it!  ROCK ON...

No comments:

Post a Comment