Monday, April 29, 2019

Some Days...

Art fights me.  Most of the time I have some semblance of control over various media and can bring about pleasing results.  Today was hardly one of those days!

Silicone molding material failed epically.  Markers and sealant bled.  Certain materials seemed to be out of scale or of the wrong type for my needs.  Sigh.

Usually when things get too tough, my inclination as a trainer is to simplify, back up a few steps. Break an exercise into its components and find success.  I could apply that philosophy to Arting as well.  I went about some simple organizing and prep work that I could achieve.  I studied and learned and planned.  I vowed to not make these same mistakes and found the silver lining - sometimes we have “happy accidents” in art that become new techniques or yield cool results.  Today I was just happy to have tried and learned and to salvage my original sculpture.

I was told I let my enthusiasm get the best of me and it was true.  Even so, I can’t fight against materials that won’t get along.  Lessons learned.  Here’s hoping the next steps will go better.

New batch of rocks will go out.  I did manage to place some during my “fresh air” break!


Here’s to a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment