Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Precious Stones

I touched on older Peter Stone models, and I’ve retained a few that I adore who show well. First Editions were limited quantity portrait models that “introduced” new molds to
the line.  To me, they are worth every penny as they retain crisp details and rich color.
Earlier Special Runs and Regular Run Models were also lovely, and while they aren’t customized colors or factory altered, they hold their own as show pieces.
Regular Run Dark Dapple Gray Percheron
I still remember the adventure going to get this model!

Padron’s Psyche
A gorgeous chestnut Arab that has never let me down

Pretty Consecutive, First Edition ISH

Kiss Me Not, SR Pony
Another gem from my OF showstring 

I really wish Stones hadn’t become so ridiculously high-priced.  The molds and paint detail are very well done, and I understand the interest in unique designs and custom created pieces, but it is sad that average budgets can’t allow for nice quality “regular” models.  On the whole, Stone upped the ante and drove quality and technology forward for original finish plastic model horses.  I look forward to seeing the future of their models and company.  They’ve come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment