Wednesday, August 28, 2019

NaMoReViMo and Shannon’s Choice Awards

Today’s hodgepodge includes my continued “old mold, old materials” take on vintage style customization with my long-ago started acrylics Hobgoblin mustang...


Love that hobbyists are paying homage to our hobby history and older techniques!  For me, the “painterly quality” will always embody a warm, realistic look.  Still, some pretty amazing current talent and technique produce incredible results!

A recent oh-so-pretty dappled goodness from the recent live show in the form of a beautiful resin painted by the magical Carolyn Boydston (not my model).  In recent years I have taken to awarding my own little notes and prizes to “Shannon’s Choice” around shower’s tables...just to let them know I find their model to be “droolworthy“.  It’s a very busy atmosphere, so it gives me the chance to admire and compliment without distracting an exhibitor.  Chocolate is usually a welcome surprise too!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT a good idea!! Random act of kindness indeed... an act of chocolate?!?

    ReplyDelete