Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Vintage “style” customs!

I adore vintage customs from earlier decades just as I have passion for our latest and greatest customs and Finishwork with new materials and techniques!

I suppose my painting style leans towards the “vintage look” with soft colors and blending as I strive for realism.  I have successfully haired models and enjoy that look!  My main change has been that of using more mixed media - pastels and pigments along with the acrylics.  Someday I hope to dive back into oils, but for now I enjoy the blend of materials and the results they produce.  I also use marker and colored pencil at times!

So my “unofficial” NaMoReViMo projects include a CAM and Galiceno body.  My attentions got torn away and redirected to a started classic mustang I started back in my college years, and I thought, “why not finish him?!”

So here’s the Hobgoblin I started attacking after so many years...

He’s cool and finishable!  So far fixed a few dings and started eye color and facial detailing.


Next up before the new bodies will probably be this Courbette Lipizzaner I started several
Years ago as well, but he may be more “current” in style and finish!

  

So, maybe change in plans, but lots to work on and fun homage to vintage style!

No comments:

Post a Comment