Sunday, August 11, 2019

Provenance!

Thanks to Sande Schneider (pintospreferred on Blab), I have the missing piece from the Marney auction!  I had the auction info and sheet from being there, but VCMEC Ardith Carlton also published it recently.  Day one of the auction was even numbered lots. Day two was the odd numbers.  I was there after on Sunday where I purchased unclaimed lot #2,  blood bay LP test (and other goodies!)


2nd on top shelf!



I named her First Bid, and she has been a jewel
In my collection!  Now I have the documentation beyond experience!

prov·e·nance
/ˈprävənəns/
noun
  1. the place of origin or earliest known history of something.
    "an orange rug of Iranian provenance"
    synonyms:originsource, place of origin; More
    • the beginning of something's existence; something's origin.
      "they try to understand the whole universe, its provenance and fate"
    • a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique, used as a guide to authenticity or quality.
      plural noun: provenances
      "the manuscript has a distinguished provenance"You 

No comments:

Post a Comment