Friday, August 23, 2019

Weekly Winners!

I really enjoy the various hobby blogs that focus on individual models and usually learn from them!  Thinking about using a similar idea with my models, perhaps visiting some of the more interesting or pertinent pieces every week or so...

Breyer’s #88 Glossy Charcoal Mustang is a beauty!  He is such a strong, wild, beautiful soul!
This is my specimen, “Blackberry Magic”, named for the blackberry bushes outside the garage sale where my grandparents purchased him for me as a child!  He has the honor of being my first Breyer and igniting a passion for horses, models, and collecting.  My first live show was at my hometown library in 1988 (!!!) where he was OF Grand Champion.  Now he mostly graces my shelf and enjoys retirement, but he inspired an amazing journey from imaginative play with the carpet herd to a foray into learning and the hobby.  Fun to get him out for collectibility and photo shows once in awhile...
Beautiful Blackberry Magic, the one who started it all!


2 comments:

  1. He's such a lovely charcoal! I regret selling my guy. Need to hunt down another at some point. The first models always have such interesting stories.

    ReplyDelete