Sunday, September 15, 2019

Glow In The Dark!

I was recently explaining my dislike of unicorns and other fantasy creatures in my collection despite having a few “unrealistic” deco type models.  I have a general rule that I will not keep unicorns in my collection, and while I create fantasy and deco pieces, I generally don’t wish to own and show them.

That being said, I would gladly host a bevy of different types of classes for kirins, sleipnirs, centaurs, pegasii, dragon horses, wildlife hybrid horses and the different types of unicorns that would be in wetlands, deserts, or polar environments.  Fantasy divisions allow for that creativity, which I appreciate.

So I do own “non-realistic” models with wild markings, gloss, or themes.  Yesterday I acquired another I cannot resist:  Glow In The Dark stablemates!  I do have the BF Andy keychain and have appreciated the various Traditional Halloween horses, but in keeping it small, these are where it’s at.
I would so love a mini Cryptic!!!  The new classic Mason with intricate paint design glows and is lovely.

Perhaps it is Halloween that made me do it?

Perhaps it is my 80’s childhood that likes the glow aspect.  Last night’s mega thunderstorm
And power outage had me waking up periodically, and the reassurance of these mighty little
Ponies was a bit of comfort.  Do you collect “glowies”?  How do you feel about other materials, like Clearware and flockies, and fantasy or deco models in your collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment