Sunday, September 1, 2019

Collection Upgrades - new dog!

How many of you keep a piece, hoping to upgrade it for one of better condition?  I have done that and also had an unpainted resin until a painted version came along that I really fell in love with.  These “placeholders” are important as we build collections, and can even happen unintentionally if we see a variation we like more or acquire doubles.

A recent grail fulfilled was purchasing a “new” Hartland Bullet, the Germans Shepherd that I’ve looked for over the years.  I have one in bad shape, missing it’s front toes, that I would
Customize but have been waiting until I could find a suitable Original Finish specimen.


Nice Bullet, front toes intact!

To me, this is the lovely older style GSD with rear angulation complementary to the breed!  Truly representative of what an all-around pastoral/herding dog should be.  Very cool sculpt.

I have several nekkid mini resins that I have “upgraded” over the years, and a few OF pieces to boot.  
What models do you hope to upgrade?  Do you keep “placeholders” on your shelves?


2 comments:

  1. My own Bullet lives in the bed of my Eighmey-made Hitch Wagon. I don't keep placeholders per se; but I do struggle terribly when a mold is released in a better color than the one I've bonded with! Only one per mold is my goal... not always attained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the more traditional body style on a GSD rather than the current one with the severe slope in the posterior. Your Bullet is gorgeous. Congrats on finding a new one in good shape.

    ReplyDelete