Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Weekly Winner: early Resins!

Remember DaBar?  Limited Moody sculpts and other artist offerings in cast resin?!?  I do!  Not only
were Customs (R/R/H) my obsession along with a healthy OF collection of the day, but I had been bitten by the resin bug.  SO many lovely ponies to paint or have painted!!!

Meet “The Mighty Quinn”!

This saggy baggy lil pony dude was one of those earlier resins (D’arry sculpt) and the first resin I painted.  I know there were others...my Minuet, Utopia (whom I Adore!), Bizet...

The Resin Registry book came out and the DaBar fliers were drooled over...with limited editions offered and Unlimited potential as far as painting went!!!  Oh, the possibilities!  
Quinn may never be a beauty prince that snags championships, but he is a cutie pie and started a love affair with all the very many ponies that grace my shelves and populate my Showstring today!

I did manage to acquire a couple Eustis pieces and my amazing RRQH1.  They deserve their own posts some other time.  What early resins stole your heart?

3 comments:

  1. I love Quinn! The one resin I used to want was Moody's Let's Fiesta. To this day I've never seen a Curly as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Moody Morgan, based on a drawing by Rita Booth (?), was a wonderful piece which I was priviledged to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn is a Piccolo resin, just remembered. Let’s Fiesta is an amazing sculptural work in texture and flair. Moody Magnificence (and Paloma’s Andalusian) always eluded me but phenomenal. Loved Rita Booth stationery!

    ReplyDelete