Saturday, February 2, 2019

Aaaaand We’re Off!

NaMoPaiMo hath begun!  Hundreds of hobbyists worldwide are working to complete their chosen “HSO” (horse shaped object) during February.  There will be trials and tribulations, courage, and success!  Some will gather for painting parties while others work in solitude.  The reward is in experience, learning, and enjoyment of Model Horse art!  This is noncompetive and you “win” by completing your model (and even if you don’t, there is success in trying!).

My project this year is a resin Fohn by Yvonne Stevens via Seunta LLC, and look! Beginnings of a bonus pony, er, Chicken!?!  Truthfully, I have several side projects...



Since I am not into FB, I utilize the Internet forums and groups as well as hobby friends local and afar to share progress, tips, and constructive critique.  I hope to accomplish my goal of a new color on a larger scale as well as possible other projects.

Some folks finish fast, others work down to the wire, and sometimes we are in between or have setbacks, distractions, or issues, and all of that is fine!  I tend to work a little each day and also have to have “drying time” depending on media.  I plan to use a combination of acrylic paint, pastels and pigments, and colored pencil to build up layers slowly.  This requires some “sealing” with a fixative in between.  I love to blend colors while working and see if I can develop the desired depth & detail.

Alas, there are almost always some partially done models bouncing around, as well as prepped models and projects in the “body box”. Would love to finish this classic CM I started long ago, and here are my tiny foals who need to tell me what color they would like to be...
So many options.  Ideas?  Suggestions?  Comment!    Next up, local color beyond basecoat!

No comments:

Post a Comment