Monday, February 11, 2019

Nail Polish Ponies, anyone?

I know a few hapless victims of my carpet herd were subjected to the odd nail polish treatment (markings, mostly), but not until recently had I utilized this medium with customizing intent.
In general, it can produce lovely effects for little fantasy models (admittedly not my thing), but can also be a fine tool for detail or mini custom work.
I
Cartoony dime store ponies from my youth now shimmer and sparkle in holographic gloss!

The crackle effects polish created my very cute mascot pony.

Nail Polish and nail art are of course their own entire thing - from color-changing types to glitter or magnetic effects to rich jewel tones, neutrals, and fine-line polish pens create amazing art.

I’m not big on polishing my nails, but the tiny HSO’s are a great canvas to explore all the cool techniques and finishes.  They can be stinky, sticky, and downright messy to work with.  Ventilation and safety around the fumes is a good idea.  Remember to protect your work area.  Great cleanup hint below!  Acetone = nail polish remover, which can help but also softens cellulose acetate.  Details can be made with super fine brushes or pens.  I find them to be a fun side project and recommend trying one if you never have.  Holiday or theme stablemates can be especially fun.  Try a decorator!  
Look forward to seeing your creations!


(By the way - plenty of budget polish to be had, but quality and effects polish can get pricey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment