Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Collecting Other Artists

I am very fond of collecting other artist’s work!  Both sculpture and Finishwork appeal, and I will celebrate pieces here from time to time.  So inspiring!

My tastes vary and I love both vintage customs as well as current work.  Color variety is so interesting and I love the study of works by talented artists in our hobby.

Chestnut Tumlinson DaCaprio resin/red roan Vingerling micro stock horse, painted by Audrey Dixon

Chestnut HR Mustang Foal mini and dapple pinto Seabiscuit painted by Lesli Kathman

Gray York Lyric TB racing fit filly/Chestnut Rose mini Nahar painted  by Kirsten Wellman

Seeing how pieces are sculpted and the media used is a thrill, and one can’t help but delight in having such pieces in their collection.  I love customs and resins along with original finish pieces and enjoy all scales.  (Photos on this page were by finishing artists and sellers)

Dozens more to come...I tend to be eclectic in my tastes.  What artists do YOU collect?

No comments:

Post a Comment